TFCA works hard to pass legislation and rules that will SAVE money for your company. Examples include:
- Worked with the legislature and the administration to ensure that the 2017vfuel tax increase had the least impact possible on the fuel industry. TFCA protected the industry from the imposition of local option tax, automatic fuel tax increases and got the proposed increase reduced and phased in over three years.
- Worked with EPA to finalize the elimination of 7.8 fuel in middle Tennessee and Memphis.
- TFCA is currently working with TDEC on the inclusion of federally mandated UST rules. TFCA expects to win a number of concessions for tank owners.
- Are you a retailer? TFCA got legislation passed that will increase the minimum markup on cigarettes up to 15% over a 24-month period. Once at 15%, this is a $127 million-dollar annual value to tobacco retailers.
- Passed legislation which will allow high gravity beer to be sold on a regular beer license – with NO additional fee attached. This will increase the depth and customer base of the c-store business.
- Are you a wholesaler? TFCA got legislation passed that reduced the business tax rate to wholesale fuel distributors, generating a significant annual, recurring savings for wholesalers. And in 2016, passed a bill to eliminate the 500-gallon delivery minimum for government purchases and extend the statute of limitations for government tax refund sales
- Are you at UST owner? Take the number of tanks you own and multiple that by $125 – this is your annual savings due as a direct result of work by TFCA with the Underground Storage Tank Board.
- TFCA worked with TDEC to get legislation approved in 2015 that DOUBLES the UST reimbursement cap to $2 million – this is retroactive for all cases currently in remediation.